AM117/49US*500* - Maserati Bora 4.9 - 1973

This Maserati Bora was sold new in the spring of 1973 through the Grossman Motor Car Corp of West Nyack, New York, to Marv Tonkin Ford of Portland, Oregon, for $23,500. It was subsequently purchased by the Ford dealership owner’s brother. Finished in a wonderful shade of red accented by a stainless roof and a pillars, it features a Vitaloni Tornado driver’s-side mirror and rides on Michelin XWX radial tires mounted on Campagnolo wheels. The interior features sweeping bucket seats, power windows, a Blaupunkt Frankfurt stereo, and an aftermarket Pioneer cassette deck. The Bora is accompanied by a copy of its invoice, select registrations from current ownership, an owner’s manual, and manuals for the Blaupunkt stereo and Pioneer cassette deck.

This car is now mine! Unfortunately the invoice, registrations, owners manual, etc. did not make it to me. I expect they were kept by some interim owner, sadly. It did come with the original tool kit, and - amazingly - the original tires, immediately replaced with modern (safe) XWXs. I’m trying to learn more about the history of the car. It now has 10,460 miles!